FK Group is a national, full building envelope contractor, specialising in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance across a diverse range of sectors. The company has been running for over 38 years and has been involved in numerous high-profile construction projects.
FK is currently recruiting for an Estimator, to be based in either of our offices in Manchester, Newton Aycliffe, Doncaster, or Birmingham.
With a proven record of Estimating various Façade Systems, you will be expected to work within the Estimating team, reporting directly to the board.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To prepare and submit accurate and timely tender submissions based on the client’s tender documents.
- To develop and maintain close working relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and colleagues within FK and to participate in a partnership ethos.
- To lead, co-ordinate and manage the internal and external processes from Estimating launch to tender handover, with in-house departments.
- To promote an enthusiastic ‘Can Do’ positive attitude internally of FK and to our Clients, for the continual marketing of the FK group, to secure future work.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Advanced knowledge and experience of all systems and software being used within the estimating department (Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and Foxit Reader)
- Good basic working knowledge of the contractual, legal requirements and obligations in respect of the scope of works.
- Experience within the construction industry or related industry; good working knowledge of the market place including both potential competitors who may be tendering for current and historic schemes and other potential clients.
- Product knowledge essential together with an in-depth, day-today working knowledge of the technical aspects of the products, plant and machinery the company uses.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple tenders at various different stages of completion and to provide updates on progress as necessary.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Our vision is to become the first choice provider of full envelope solutions; by investing in our people and continuing to improve our skills within our field of expertise, we will be known for our commitment to safety, quality and sustainability for the benefit of our clients.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within an excellent professional work environment.
As the company continues to grow, we are continually searching for new talent, if you interested in working within the FK Group and want to be a part of the company achieving these objectives, please contact our HR Director today firstname.lastname@example.org