Design Manager (Curtain Walling)
FK Group is a national, full building envelope contractor, specialising in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance across a diverse range of sectors. The company has been running for over 40 years and has been involved in numerous high profile construction projects.
FK is currently recruiting for a Design Manager with proven experience within the Curtain Wall industry to join its expanding Design team, location is flexible.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Managing the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Ensuring designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Co-ordinating the whole design process and working closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Ensuring designs develop in accordance with the requirements of the design, procurement & construction programmes and company procedures.
- Managing the document control process, supported by a document controller.
- Organising and chairing design co-ordination and design progress meetings with the design team and sub-contractors and ensuring that design risk assessments are produced.
- Preparing formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Developing 3D design and BIM technology
To succeed in this role you will:
- Come from a building envelope background
- Be able to motivate a team
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Points of Appeal
- Full Order Books
- Great Opportunity
- High-Value Projects
- Interesting Job
Our vision is to become the first choice provider of full envelope solutions; by investing in our people and continuing to improve our skills within our field of expertise, we will be known for our commitment to safety, quality and sustainability for the benefit of our clients.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within an excellent professional work environment.
As the company continues to grow, we are continually searching for new talent, if you interested in working within the FK Group and want to be a part of the company achieving these objectives, please contact our HR Director today email@example.com