FK Group is a national, full building envelope contractor, specialising in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance across a diverse range of sectors. The company has been running for over 35 years and has been involved in numerous high profile construction projects.
FK are currently recruiting for a Site Manager, to be based within the Operations Team, based all over the UK and reporting to the Operations Director.
With a proven record of site management within curtain walling and facades, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and management of the operational and construction activities on site to ensure that the project runs to schedule and to internal budgets; to find solutions to problems as they arise whilst delivering commercial profitability, health & safety compliance, programme integrity and quality standards.
Main responsibilities of the role:
Day to day operational
- To implement and maintain best operating practice on site
- To manage the labour for the site, ensuring that there are adequate resources to deliver the project in line with the client’s agreed programme
- To maintain an up to date and detailed awareness of building contracts and to continually review the project requirements in respect of design, materials, labour and plant to ensure that future programme dates can be achieved. To assess areas of risk and to report this to the Senior Operations Manager in a timely fashion
- To ensure that all records are correctly kept and reports issued in line with company procedures
Health & Safety, Quality and Environment
- To maintain a high profile within each for health & safety and environmental concerns and to promote a genuine “safety” culture on site;
- To take day to day responsibility for ensuring the compliance of FK staff and all sub-contracted construction staff working for the company, at all times, to both Company health & safety policy and legislative requirements;
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Good basic standard of general literacy and numeracy;
- IT literate; proficiency using key software systems including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project;
- Minimum five years operations experience within the construction industry or related industry.Good broad based understanding of all operational areas of the business, including design, estimating, QS and construction;
- Knowledge and experience of production scheduling methods and work processes;
- Knowledge and experience of managing or supervising labour gangs, including subcontracted labour;
- Excellent working knowledge of health and safety regulations and sound practical experience of implementing and monitoring safe systems of work etc.;
- Basic working knowledge of environmental legislation;
- Product knowledge essential together with an in-depth, day-today working knowledge of the technical aspects of the products, plant and machinery the company uses;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Our vision is to become the first choice provider of full envelope solutions; by investing in our people and continuing to improve our skills within our field of expertise, we will be known for our commitment to safety, quality and sustainability for the benefit of our clients.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within an excellent professional work environment.
Apply for this position.