FK Group is a national, full building envelope contractor, specialising in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance across a diverse range of sectors. The company has been running for over 35 years and has been involved in numerous high profile construction projects.
FK are currently recruiting for a Design Manager, with experience of Glazing / Rainscreen to be based in our Altrincham or Doncaster office.
With a proven record of managing all design aspects of a project from tender through to completion, you will be expected to work within a project team of all disciplines from bid stage through to practical completion.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Managing the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Ensuring designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives
- Co-ordinating the whole design process and working closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies
- Ensuring designs develop in accordance with the requirements of the design, procurement & construction programmes and company procedures.
- Managing the document control process, supported by a document controller.
- Organising and chairing design co-ordination and design progress meetings with the design team and sub-contractors and ensuring that design risk assessments are produced.
- Preparing formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A full understanding of the construction process from inception, through design to on site construction and handover.
- A good understanding of the planning and technical skills necessary to undertake the role and to be able to manage the commercial control and review of the design development process.
- Demonstrable experience of, and aptitude for, managing the design process for a contractor.
- A proactive approach, enthusiasm for co-ordinating and motivating people.
- Excellent communication skills, both at the personal level and more formal reporting level.
Our vision is to become the first choice provider of full envelope solutions; by investing in our people and continuing to improve our skills within our field of expertise, we will be known for our commitment to safety, quality and sustainability for the benefit of our clients.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within an excellent professional work environment.
Apply for this position.